DUNCRAIG TRIATHLON ACADEMY (DTA)
Triathlon is an exciting sport with opportunities for young people to progress to the top of the sport. Training for the sport of Triathlon also helps young people to develop good lifestyle and exercise habits.
The DTA is based at Duncraig Senior High School. All students who apply to join the DTA must reside within the Duncraig Senior High School local intake area.
The DTA is an approved specialist sport program (Triathlon) within the Department of Education
The DTA is aimed at:Young people who currently, or have in the past, competed in triathlons.
- Young athletes who currently compete in swimming, cycling or running but may not have thought of competing as a triathlete.
- Other interested individuals who are keen to develop their performance in triathlon.
The aim of the program is to improve individual performances and participation in Triathlon. The program is designed to help young triathletes do a large part of their training during school time, leaving more time after school for other interests. For those athletes already training regularly it provides additional training during school time.
Trials and Application Details
This year’s swim trial will take place at 8:00am on Friday 14 August 2020 at Craigie Leisure Centre for Year 7s in 2021. Meet in the foyer of the Leisure Centre prior to entry of the pool.
- Swim 200m (under 4 minutes 45 seconds)
- There is no cost for participants to trial for the Triathlon Program. There are 22 places that will be offered to incoming Year 7s.
If you are interested in this program for your child, please take note of the application process and important dates.
- Applications for the Triathlon Program will open on the 1st of May 2020.
- Applications close: Friday 19th June 2020.
- Successful applicatants will be notified by Monday 17 August.
For more information, please contact: Triathlon.email@example.com