- to develop an awareness of how computer science affects our lives.
- to build an understanding of the role of technology in computer science
- to develop an awareness of the impact of information technology.
- to develop an understanding of the moral and ethical dilemmas created through the application of computer science.
- to develop skills in the analysis and design of computer systems.
- collect and process data using a computer system
- develop solutions to information related problems
- demonstrate an understanding of the processes involved in designing and implementing a computerised information system
- recognise many of the social and organisational consequences of information systems and the need for the application of ethical standards
- demonstrate an understanding of the hardware supporting information systems
Theory Test - 20%
Practical Test - 10%
Examination - 40%
A high external workload should be expected.